Municipal Water and Wastewater Practice Leader/Project Manager
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to fill the role of municipal water and wastewater practice leader/project manager for our Chattanooga office. This exceptional candidate will play a key role in growing our Water business in Chattanooga and Tennessee. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with clients in the Region, along with technical expertise leading large-scale capital projects in the state. The position will be based in Chattanooga, TN.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a senior leader, you will be fully accountable for successfully selling and consulting on a range of Water projects to build a sustainable business locally, while networking with Stantec's global practice team to share best practices across the industry.
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts within Chattanooga and surrounding area, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts
- Provide technical and/or project management leadership on water/wastewater projects in the region
- Develop and steward marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand the Water practice and client base
- Serve as a key member of the municipal practice team to drive profitable growth across the Water service lines
- Work with other business developers, practitioners, and marketing teams within Stantec to assist in growing the Water business
- Develop, review, and approve proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits
- Attend selected conferences and maintain active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships)
- Contribute to post-win deliverables internal to Stantec (i.e. key performance indicators, Water or community site or Spark articles, information to Marketing for Stantec's Marketing Knowledge Center (SMKC) and Pipeline, Stantec's Client Management System, etc.)
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Established client relationships in the public and private sectors
- Experience preparing marketing materials and proposals for federal, state, and/or municipal clients
- Supervisory/Project Management experience overseeing multiple projects
- Project management and client relations skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience in business planning, billing, scheduling, and QA/QC
- Strong team leadership experience
- Preferred skills that will assist the candidate in succeeding in the role are:
- Proven ability to successfully obtain new business including identification of leads, capture planning, and managing proposal and presentations
- Established client relationships in the public and private sectors within the region
- Strong experience and industry reputation with federal agencies, other local government/jurisdictions and/or state agencies
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders.
- Tennessee Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain within 6 months of hiring
- Certified Project Management Professional by the Project Management Institute
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Minimum of twelve (12) years professional experience, minimum of five (5) years' experience in marketing and business development
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Chattanooga
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900032O
Back to top