Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties: We are currently looking for a Multi-Discipline Drafter to be based out of our Scarborough, ME office. The successful candidate will perform drafting work and will develop a working level of knowledge of a specific field to be determined during an introductory learning phase.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparation of drawing packages within budget and schedule constraints
- Interfaces with project discipline lead on a daily basis and other disciplines as necessary
- Prepares basic engineering drawings from previous drawings, pre-determined designs, detailed sketches or specific directions in engineering design with direction.
- Rotate between various engineering groups (mechanical, electrical, structural) based on workload needs to gain an understanding of each discipline and ultimately be chosen to support as a permanent engineering discipline member
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The ideal candidate will have:
- 0-3 years' experience
- Ability to draft engineering drawings
- Ability to check spelling and grammar for correctness on all drawings
- Ability to check drafted drawings against information provided to produce drawings in correct and complete form
- Ability to check prints and understand drawing filing procedure; implement as directed
- Ability to follow Company established drafting guidelines
- Coordinate drafting and designs with other disciplines
- Proficiency of AutoCAD 2014 or higher required, Microstation experience is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret basic vendor drawings
- Possess an understanding of mathematics including algebra and trigonometry
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top