Multi Discipline Engineer/Designer
Your Opportunity Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods / mine development and complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, and mine ventilation. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties Our Global Mining team has a need for Junior/Intermediate Engineering and Design staff in Civil/Structural, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines, based out of one or more of our offices in Sudbury & North Bay, ON, Saskatoon SK, and Tempe AZ. You would work with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment toward preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its Clients.
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructibility problems prior to issue to clients.
- Contribution to the preparation of quality technical documents and/or drawings to Stantec Mining standards.
- Contribution to/completion of design calculations, equipment/material specifications and data sheets, discipline design drawings etc. with required supervision commensurate with your level of experience.
- Working with a multi-discipline engineering and design team on a day-to-day basis.
- Coordinating of/participating in the preparation of project designs and details.
- Participation in project meetings.
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you have:
- Graduate of Technical or College in Design/Drafting, or University or the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous experience in a similar position.
- 1-5+ years of heavy industrial and/or mining specific experience in your discipline.
- Proficiency with MicroStation, or engineering software such as ETAP, Cesar, or STAAD is a requirement depending on the role and discipline.
- Knowledge of 3D software such as Revit, SmartPlant, and SolidWorks is an asset along with the use of 3D software to produce project drawings.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top