Mining Sector Leader, Environmental Services
Your Opportunity: 2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Our Environmental Services group is looking for an experienced mining professional to join our team as the Mining Sector Leader for Canada.
Your Duties: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help set the vision and lead the expansion of our environmental business within the Mining Sector in Canada
- Identify business development opportunities consistent with the vision and strategic plan
- Provide effective leadership, technical direction and guidance to a team of professionals dedicated to growing our mining business and further develop Stantec's profile in the market place
- Develop and implement "win" strategies, including client contact, proposal preparation, and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
- Develop and maintain a broad range of client relationships throughout the sector
- Attract and retain specialized staff needed to secure and deliver sector specific expertise required for all phases of mining projects
- Develop in-house expertise and methodologies (design, technical and quality standards etc.) to advance our reputation and presence in the sector
- Work with other business lines within Stantec to build an integrated service delivery team for the Mining Sector
- Support the achievement of national growth and revenue targets for the Mining Sector
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong understanding of the mining sector, within Canada, and ideally across North America.
- Solid reputation and high level of personal and professional credibility based upon a solid understanding of the environmental aspects of the mining sector through all stages of the mining life cycle.
- At least 10 years professional mining sector experience, in progressively more senior positions. This could be with explorers, producers, or consulting service providers to the mining sector, or a combination thereof.
- Substantial previous experience in consulting and a solid background serving the needs of mining sector clients.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a mining client base. Such experience within a consulting organization is considered a strong asset
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- Demonstrated technical skills and, ideally, advanced educational credentials.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top