- Saskatoon, Canada
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
As you further your career, you will have the opportunity to work with Stantec's Project Management team, supporting our many projects and gaining some vital experience. You will be a productive member of the team, and will be mentored and supported as you develop your skills. Working directly with the Project Management team, you will gain valuable hands on experience to enable you to develop a career in Project Estimating.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepares estimates of probable costs of materials, labor and equipment, and subcontracts for project based on RFP's, RFI's, EOI's, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications with guidance of senior estimator.
- Defines and estimates project costs (labor, materials, subs, mileage, etc.) with assistance.
- Assists in completion and submission of formal estimates as requested and in the format required suitable for use by national and international clients.
- Assists, organizes and supplies material take off lists for confirmed projects.
- Performs other key responsibilities of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work under direct supervision and to work with others to achieve group results.
- Ability to provide general direction and review of entry level staff assignments as requested.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Eager to learn with strong listening, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret RFP and RFI documents.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient in estimating software (Hard Dollar, MS Office and Primavera).
- Committed to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 1-5 years of experience in a mining (underground), mining construction, or heavy industrial environment.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Control Estimating
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations: Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000001L
Back to top