Your Opportunity: Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in feasibility studies, underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine headframes and hoisting systems. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties: Stantec's Mining Practice in Tempe, AZ is hiring a M ining Engineer to join their growing team.
This individual may work on several projects at any given time and take on various levels of responsibility depending on the project. On a day-to-day basis, this person is an integral part of the project team and may interact with various groups within the company.
- Analyze applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects.
- Work with the team to prepare reports, studies, specifications, plans, and designs for projects.
- Develop mine development and production plans.
- Working with block models, prepare mine extraction layouts.
- May visit construction or operating mine sites as part of the project team.
- Prepare for technical reviews.
- Works directly with the Project Team.
- Attend client meetings.
- Keep Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Keep accurate time records for billing purposes and submit them on a weekly basis.
- Help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Travel associated with project work may be required. International or national trips can be expected with the possibility of extended stays.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Mining Engineering Degree, or similar technical degree, from an accredited university
- 5 to 8 years' experience
- Mine site experience considered an asset
- Experience in underground and open pit mine design
- Experience in underground hard rock mining
- Advanced utilization of 3D Mine Design software (Vulcan and/or Deswick preferred)
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Knowledge of ACAD a plus
- Familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top