MWH, now part of Stantec, is seeking qualified candidates for a Mining/Civil Engineer position for our Denver, Colorado office. The primary focus of this position is to serve US and International-based natural resources clients with the design of civil structures (such as dams and waste management facilities). This position will require a dynamic individual who can model civil structures, perform material quantity and cost calculations, develop design concepts and drawings, and is proficient at report writing. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with client and members of business and professional organizations.
Specific activities to be performed by the applicant include:
• Following safe work practices and adhering to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. MSHA and/or OSHA training will be required.
• Experience designing in Carlson and/or CAD (Civil 3D) or other software.
• Develop layout of waste dumps, haul roads, diversion channels, tailing dams and other civil designs.
• Perform quantity estimations
• Surface and underground mine planning, and resource estimates.
• Managing tasks and small projects to a high-level of quality, and to meet project requirements and client expectations.
• Preparing technical memoranda and detailed reports pertaining to field investigations and studies.
• Interacting with clients and business development.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Mining/Civil Engineering.
• 0-3 years of experience working on mining and civil engineering projects, focusing on detailed design, site investigation, reporting and business development.
• Existing Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T) or ability to obtain it within 3-6 months of starting work.
• Experience in multiple software packages, including, but not limited to CAD (Civil 3D), Carlson, Microsoft Suites, Deswik, and Vulcan.
• Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top