Mid-Level Urban Designer
Your Opportunity: Stantec's Urban Places Group strives to create sustainable communities. This includes revitalization of urban areas, mixed-income and mixed-use development, large scale master plans that incorporate Smart Growth practices, and open space/natural resource planning. Our projects incorporate a variety of techniques including LEED, Envision, architecture, resiliency, context sensitive streets, multimodal transportation, form-based codes, and more. We collaborate with landscape architects, engineers, architects, and environmental scientists regularly in the course of our work. Our New York City studio is part of a North American-based planning practice, our Urban Places Group, with a growing network of design offices. You will have high level participation found in a smaller office yet also have access to the broad variety of resources of a larger firm. We encourage a learning and collaborative environment in which our staff can grow and contribute.
Your Duties: We currently have an opening for a mid-level Urban Designer. Our Planning studio in NYC is seeking an urban designer with 8-10 years of professional experience focusing on transit-oriented development, resiliency planning, new communities, and/or urban revitalization. We seek a team-oriented professional who can assist with design, project management, drawings, graphics, and meeting facilitation.
- Developing alternative design concepts;
- Management of urban planning projects
- Coordination with clients, and specialized disciplines including in-house staff and sub-consultants;
- Directing junior staff
- Assisting with the inspection of completed deliverable documents and,
- Report preparation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 8-10 years of relevant planning and urban design experience;
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum in relevant disciplines: Planning, Architecture, Urban Design or Landscape Architecture with emphasis on planning;
- Knowledge/experience in AUTO CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up or similar 3D illustration programs;
- Ability to create digital and/or freehand perspective renderings; and
- Exhibit excellent written communication skills.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top