Mid to Senior Environmental FERC Project Manager
- Overland Park, KS
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team. Our Environmental Management group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in biology, wetland science, soil science, fisheries, botany, hydrogeology, engineering, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, environmental policy and permitting, and GIS. We help our clients identify and respond to opportunities and constraints within the changing regulatory and corporate environment, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and government regulators. Our team members have opportunities to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterization and mitigation, water resource management, and complex planning and permitting.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Grow and assist in leading our Environmental Services Program with a focus on US energy sector clients in the oil and gas markets.
- Work on projects throughout the US.
- Work in one of Stantec's offices in the Gulf Coast or Southeast although other locations are not excluded and will be considered.
- Manage FERC natural gas or liquids projects, communicate effectively with clients, direct tasks by junior staff, quality review work products.
- Provide technical leadership and project management on a wide variety of environmental planning and permitting projects for energy, government, and private sector clients throughout the US.
- Conduct project-related research (historical data, regulations, etc.).
- Project management responsibilities include developing proposals; managing projects and budgets; coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff; and performing and overseeing project technical work.
- Prepare permit applications, including gathering supporting documentation, coordinating comment response with agencies, database investigations.
- Manage agency coordination related to Threatened and Endangered Species, Sections 404/10, Coastal Zone Management Act, and Section 106 Cultural Resources.
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships, including seeking opportunities for new business.
- Carry out project work within agreed time-frames and on budget.
- Create technical documents and provide review of technical documents that support regulatory submissions.
- Support and ensure implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all phases of project planning and implementation.
- Complete applicable company and client required health & safety training (including OSHA required training).
- Communicate and collaborate with other Environmental and Regulatory Specialists to ensure consistency in project execution.
- Participate in team and independent based work.
- This position works as part of a larger natural resources team and there will be opportunities to support multiple Stantec offices with extended
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years' experience permitting energy projects and related field studies.
- Demonstrated experience managing FERC-regulated projects 7(b), 7(c).
- Demonstrated experience managing Resource Report Development for FERC-regulated projects
- Demonstrated experience with FERC and NEPA requirements and processes, mitigation measures, and related implementation. Experience permitting large natural gas or liquids pipelines is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to client's business needs.
- Must have ability and desire to travel throughout the US for project work and business development activities.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning
- Working understanding of policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (as required).
- Project and task management experience with strong attention to detail.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships within their technical team and Business Center.
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or higher (preferred) in Environmental Science, or related field.
Minimum of 10 or more years work experience in a similar position.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Kansas-Overland Park, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Louisiana-New Orleans
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000D2
Back to top