Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity Stantec is currently seeking a low to mid-level Microstation/CAD Designer in either of our Richmond or Fredericksburg Virginia offices to provide technical support on a variety of transportation, municipal, utility and land use related environmental, ecosystem restoration and water resources projects. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of permitting and approval requirements. Our staff members have established excellent reputation implementing all facets of environmental projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of plans for stream restoration, stormwater management, water quality improvement projects, plats, environmental inventory maps, permit support graphics, and report graphics primarily to support environmentally related projects.
- Preparation of customized maps for clients and ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Interaction with clients to secure and transmit digital information.
- Participation in team and independent based work.
- Check discipline-related drawings and documents.
- Ensure drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards.
- Ensure drawings are dimensionally clear, complete and correct.
- The ability to utilize/import raster and vector data including digital orthophotos, global positioning data, and geographic information system data
- Computer skills including practical knowledge of Computer Assisted Drafting/Design (CADD), MS Office and other related applications
- Experience in reading and interpreting transportation and land plans
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
CADD drafting skills using Geopak, AutoCadd 2014 and Civil 3D and Arc- GIS a plus
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top