Mechanical/Plumbing Group Leader
Your Opportunity Buildings engineering: Intelligent design. Innovative execution. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers and architects works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity.
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical/Plumbing Group Leader in our Dallas, TX (Merit Drive) office.
Your Duties Position Overview:
Stantec is seeking a talented, team-focused Mechanical/Plumbing Group Leader to join our MEP team in Dallas, TX (Merit Drive). The Mechanical/Plumbing Group Leader is responsible for management of the mechanical and plumbing team in our Dallas location and will be a key member of our leadership team. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. This position is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
The Mechanical/Plumbing Group Leader will work closely with the MEP Service Line Leader and Electrical Group Leader on business development and marketing activities for the group, and will be responsible for coordination of contracts with clients.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Project scheduling and forecasts including managing workload assignments among the mechanical and plumbing team members.
- Design documents and other deliverables.
- Quality control on MEP projects (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and monitoring project budgets.
- Business development for clients of MEP work.
- Negotiate scope and fees.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Review mechanical and plumbing construction plans, specifications, and equipment selections for a variety of different project types including commercial, multi-family, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, retail, etc.
- Coordinate with other disciplines including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
- Manage mechanical and plumbing staff, allocate resources, and direct the activities of other engineers.
- Mentor and train staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Education/Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in the MEP market for a variety of project types.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including IMC, UMC, IPC, IBC, NFPA, as well as LEED and green building requirements.
- Experience supervising other engineers, mentoring staff and allocating manpower/workload resources desired.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Texas P.E. license
- Established client relationships in the Dallas, Texas area.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top