Mechanical Project Engineer, Mining
Your Opportunity: At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Our Saskatoon, SK Mining group has an immediate need for a Mechanical Project Engineer to anchor our office and serve various clients on projects ranging from small operating and maintenance support, to EPCM mine infrastructure projects .
- Being a leader in Stantec's safety culture, and living the values of "We Put People First" and "We Do What is Right".
- Leading a team of engineers and designers in our Saskatoon office.
- Playing an active role in technical business development, from initial client contact to project scoping and proposal activities to support clients in Saskatchewan and western Canada.
- Planning and overseeing the execution of the mechanical scope of projects.
- Coordination of project delivery by communicating with engineers, designers, project managers, procurement teams and construction management teams to ensure the design will be delivered according to safety, quality, schedule and budget.
- Regular interface with other disciplines and departments to execute projects.
- Attending client meetings and corresponding with clients as required. Willingness to travel to client sites, including remote sites is required.
- Leading and mentoring staff, including engineers and designers.
- Bulk Material Handling: Specification and design of Ore & Waste Handling systems and selection of equipment including belt conveyors and/or rail haulage; transfer chutes, bins and feeders; loading pockets; crushing and sizing; and dust collection;
- Mine Services: Specification and design of Dewatering, Fuel Delivery, Compressed Air, Process Water systems and selection of equipment; Underground Infrastructure facilities design;
- Expertise in Mine Hoisting, Mine Ventilation, or Process Plants is considered an asset.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 8-15 years of experience in heavy industry specific to mining.
- Experience as a project engineer employed by a mining or heavy industrial company.
- You are a licensed Professional Engineer in Canada, with excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations. Licensure in Saskatchewan is preferred, or the ability to obtain licensure immediately.
- Previous experience as a Lead Engineer on projects of the wide range of size and scope noted above, either with a consulting firm or Owner's team;
- Previous experience in factory acceptance testing, brownfield condition assessments, commissioning, or operations support;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and project engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, etc. and willingness to learn new software as required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to take the lead on a project team is essential.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top