Mechanical Engineer - Pulp and Paper
Your Opportunity Plan. Design. Implement. Maintain. We help industrial communities master efficiency by improving operations through facility design. Using space more innovatively, reducing costs, and optimizing production flow are the cornerstones of our thinking. We work closely with our clients to ensure their operations are running safely and effectively. Join our integrated team of engineers, architects, and project managers as they exercise creativity and ingenuity to achieve long-term success
Your Duties We are currently looking to fill the position of Mechanical Engineer, Pulp and Paper for a large green field project in our Fredericton, NB office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design of multiple systems. You will work directly with clients and within a multi-disciplinary engineering team environment.
Specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Industrial mechanical and process design work.
- Directing project tasks within multi-discipline engineering design teams to achieve project objectives including safety, quality, scope, schedule and cost.
- Preparation of reports and specifications as required.
- Liaise with clients on technical l levels as required to meet the project needs.
- May visit construction sites to monitor progress and other duties.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree coupled with a minimum of five years experience.
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick.
- 5 to 10 years of industrial experience with a significant Pulp and Paper component.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Travel associated with project work may be required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top