Mechanical Engineer, Mining
Your Opportunity: At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Our North Bay, Ontario Mining group has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer . You would serve various clients on feasibility studies and detailed engineering work for mine infrastructure projects in the North Bay area as well as across Canada and abroad.
Your Duties: HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- You are expected to understand and work in accordance to the requirements of the Stantec Safety As a Discipline Engineer you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients.
- Ensure all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met through appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analyze drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to client issue.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- You must be self-motivated and eager to fulfill the role of Mechanical Engineer and able to find business development opportunities with-in the client's work assigned to you.
- You will provide the Mechanical Engineering Lead with engineering support to meet the project needs and incorporate suggestions in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to handle change and work with technical You must be capable of learning and producing under the pressure of time constraints and capable of dividing your time between multiple projects.
- You will be expected to complete system design calculations, process flow diagrams, reports, technical content of procurement packages, etc and manage the schedule and budget for this work. You will interface with Mechanical Designers to have the work 3D modelled and/or drawn, and interface with other disciplines and departments for input to your deliverables.
- You will require a passport to travel to client sites, Stantec offices and suppliers for inspections, trouble shooting, and client coordination.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: As the ideal candidate, you have:
- A Professional Engineering license or eligibility for membership, in the province of Ontario (or the ability to obtain an Ontario license through reciprocity).
- 5 years of engineering, design, and construction experience in heavy industry, including mining specifically.
- Knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere including a willingness to be involved in technical business
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas is desired, with preference given in sequential order:
- Mine Bulk Material Handling
- Use of SolidWorks' Discrete Element Modelling software or similar.
- Mine Services:
- Specification and design of Dewatering, Fuel Delivery, Compressed Air, Process Water systems and selection of equipment;
- Underground Infrastructure facilities design
- Knowledge of Mine Hoisting and Mine Ventilation, is considered an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top