Mechanical Engineer - EIT
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
As a Mechanical Designer you will work with direct supervision and direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of building mechanical systems.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various project phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Coordinates with other building disciplines (architectural, structural, electrical, civil, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Assists in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and performs other contract administration tasks.
- Assists with the development of job specific discipline specifications.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of building mechanical systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Performs calculations of building elements and well-defined mechanical systems using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic ability in performing HVAC and/or Plumbing design.
- Basic knowledge of the mechanical and/or plumbing codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and other building codes.
- Basic knowledge of building mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Basic understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Newforma, Trane Trace & eQuest
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering & EIT; Minimum of 1-5 years of experience. Working toward licensure.
LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may
include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an
impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer - EIT
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900022I
Back to top