Mechanical Engineer - EIT
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
This position will be working in the field of mechanical engineering on water resource projects including power, water, wastewater and light industrial type projects. Candidate shall possess strong computer skills, strong writing and communication skills and shall work well in a team environment. The candidate will work under the direction of mid-level and senior level engineers and will work on multidisciplinary projects. The projects will include new development, modernization, and rehabilitation of hydro-mechanical equipment for hydropower and other water resource projects. Systems will include water, oil and air balance of plant mechanical systems and hydraulic machinery including hydraulic turbines, speed governing systems, synchronous generators, turbine shut-off valves and ancillary equipment. Position could require some travel. Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Performs design for the mechanical discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and professionals in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design individual mechanical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assists with basic engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of drafting/design tool such as AutoCAD.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Basic understanding and experience working with FEA and CFD programs is a plus.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from Senior Engineers/Designers
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
EIT or working towards EIT.
Minimum of 0-2 years of experience. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top