The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with an innovative team in the design of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems.
- Problem solve to find the system design that optimizes efficiency, cost, and unique client needs.
- Assists in design and production of mechanical, piping and plumbing systems for projects.
- Prepare complete construction document and specifications.
- Coordinate with architects and other engineering disciplines.
- Perform all phases of work, including field investigation, construction documents and construction administration.
- Research code issues and work with City, State and County officials
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- P.E. and LEED professional are a plus
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and being highly motivated with the desire to work in fast paced team-oriented environment
- Thorough understanding of thermodynamics/heat transfer
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills
Education and Experience
5 years of related experience (MEP Consulting preferred)
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000WY
Back to top