Mechanical Engineer - Buildings - Senior
Your Opportunity Our Buildings Group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction and operations, to decommissioning. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our professionals deliver innovative, integrated, and practical solutions to complex problems in many sectors, including healthcare, industrial facilities, education, etc. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, technologists, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties We have an opportunity in Stantec's Edmonton, AB office for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team. In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on municipal, federal, industrial, healthcare, commercial and educational projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing clients, coordinating skillsets with other offices and disciplines, and satisfying customer requirements.
Duties will include:
- Coordinate and be responsible for the quality and completion of mechanical engineering drawings and specifications on multiple projects.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction
- Design mechanical buildings systems
- Prepare detailed HVAC engineering design calculations
- Assist in proposal efforts
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate participate in marketing/business development
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Canada, ideally registered with APEGA in the province of Alberta
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the design of mechanical systems of buildings (HVAC, fire protection and plumbing) along with consulting engineering experience in the buildings industry, specifically with municipal, federal, industrial, healthcare, commercial and educational clients. Experience in mechanical design for water/wastewater facilities is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and interpersonal) in your collaboration with team members in a multi-disciplined environment;
- Very good technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters and technical specifications
- Experience working with the national and provincial building codes and standards
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) and Microsoft Outlook
- AutoCAD and 3D CAD software experience. Exposure to BIM - Revit will be a definite asset
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills necessary to maintain project schedules and budgets
- Ability to bring a wide variety of stakeholders together to meet tight deadlines
- Proven success in developing new business with existing clients and maintaining positive relationships
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Alberta
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top