Mechanical Engineer - Buildings - Senior
Your Opportunity: Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in architecture, interior design, engineering, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and systems that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team involved in complex, exciting projects that will enhance your career growth. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties: Stantec is currently in search of a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Kelowna office, an individual with an excellent record of accomplishment - technically, in the design and implementation of buildings related projects such as healthcare and educational facilities . You will have at least 7 years of experience in Mechanical systems design, particularly in the design of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative organization where client service is of highest priority, is essential. You can be a real contributor in this group with your technical expertise, team skills and client relationships. This is your place to make a difference!
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Interested candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of post-graduation experience in the design of mechanical systems of buildings (HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection) preferably in projects within the healthcare or educational sectors
- Experience in consulting engineering environment is strongly preferred
- Effective interpersonal and people management ability; mentoring and developing a small group of mechanical team members
- Autodesk Revit® experience is strongly preferred ; knowledgeable in the use of AutoCAD (recent versions)
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) with your interaction with team members in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Must have an interest in/experience in developing business with new clients and maintain and improve relationships with existing clients
- Interest/experience in the application of green engineering principles; LEED AP and/or Passive House certification is a definite asset
- P.Eng. designation with APEGBC preferred; Professional Engineer registration in Canada is necessary
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top