Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec is hiring an Mechanical Engineer - Buildings to join their team in Philadelphia, PA .
Your Duties: The role of a Mechanical Engineer is to work independently and lead all size mechanical projects and work as a team member of a larger project. The Mechanical Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer all mechanical HVAC and/or plumbing systems or products for a project. Additional responsibilities to include:
- The Mechanical Engineer is expected to lead the HVAC design and provide mark ups for junior engineers.
- Will be directly responsible for the review and sealing of their projects.
- Development of job specific discipline specifications independently.
- Working and coordinating with architectural, interiors, and other engineering disciplines for coordination of the project.
- Perform field work independently and leads a group of engineers and designers.
- Perform calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Meet with clients and review projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Group Leaders and/or Director of Engineering.
- Assist other Engineers with engineering duties on large complex Healthcare / Institutional projects in order to complete client projects.
- Be able to develop project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Give guidance and mentor junior staff; including lead engineers, engineers, designers, and co-ops.
- Assist with development of design standards as required by senior staff.
- Assist PM's with the development of proposal for smaller less complex projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of mechanical engineering/design experience is required
- PE license required
- LEED accredited professionals is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Detailed understanding of all phases of architectural / engineering document production
- Strong knowledge of ASHRAE and other mechanical codes
- Strong ability in performing mechanical HVAC
- Be assertive in communicating and discussing engineering issues
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal
- Ability to engage in multiple tasks concurrently
- Must communicate design issues and solutions well with the design team and clients
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top