Your Opportunity: Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
We are currently seeking a Project/Mechanical Engineer to join our in our Oil & Gas group in the Waterloo office.
- Perform preliminary and detailed engineering for pipeline facilities, compressor stations, pump stations, tank farms, metering stations and pipeline tie-ins using CSA Z662 & ASME B31.3 codes
- Coordinate the preparation, review and approval of final midstream project engineering design reports
- Manage the review of mechanical equipment technical bid submissions
- Oversee the development of construction contracts and the tender/analysis/award process
- Coordinates facility integrity programs
- Report to the Project Manager on budget and schedule for engineering tasks
- Ensure work produced is of high quality and in compliance with Stantec's quality system
- Work within specified budgets and schedules and meeting corporate and project quality requirements
- Select piping and materials designs for typical eastern Canadian oil and gas projects and pipeline pump and compressor station facilities
- Provide input into project documentation such as DBM's, PEP's etc.
- Prepare material and equipment specifications (including data sheets) for projects, and complete technical evaluation of vendor proposals including review of vendor drawings
- Prepare piping and mechanical construction specifications
- Direct the preparations of and check mechanical drawings including P&IDs, piping plans, sections and isometrics
- Work with local regulatory agencies (i.e. OEB, NEB, TSSA, etc.)
- Support cost estimating including capital and operating costs and engineering man-hours
- Assist with proposal preparation, presentation and execution
- Maintain professional training requirements
- Prepare safe work plans for field visits, compliance with Stantec's health and safety system
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer P. Eng. designation, preferably in Ontario and/or Quebec
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience with an EPC company, with preliminary and detailed engineering for oil and gas, and pipeline facilities
- Engineering experience in projects with capital expenditure of $10MM +
- Success working within specified budgets and schedules and meeting corporate and project quality requirements
- Detailed knowledge of piping design and materials for typical Canadian oil and gas projects, with specific experience with pipeline pump and compressor station facilities
- Experience with piping hydraulics and line sizing is an asset
- Working knowledge of piping stress analysis, with CAESAR II experience an asset
- Extensive experience with the CSA Z662 design code and good knowledge of the ASME B31.3 design code; experience with ASME B31.4 and B31.8 would also be an asset
- Experience with the preparation of equipment specifications and data sheets for oil and gas facilities and technical evaluation of vendor proposals, including review of vendor drawings
- Working knowledge of piping and mechanical construction specifications
- Extensive experience with the preparation and checking of mechanical drawings including P&IDs, piping plans and sections and isometrics
- Exposure to cost estimating including capital and operating costs and engineering man- hours
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top