We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design environments that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring environments for all.
Stantec's Berkley office is looking for a Mechanical Engineer, with 2+ years of experience working towards licensure.
The role of a Mechanical Engineer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer mechanical HVAC and plumbing engineered systems or products for a project. A Mechanical Engineer will perform a variety of tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, attending client meetings, team collaboration and field work. The smaller projects that a Mechanical Engineer may be assigned to will have relatively few complex features.
- The Mechanical Engineer is expected to do engineering design directly on the computer.
- Development of job specific discipline specifications independently for less complex projects.
- Works with and coordinates with architectural, interiors, and other engineering disciplines for coordination of the project.
- Perform field work independently.
- Perform calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff and be capable of multi-tasking.
- Assist Senior Engineers with engineering duties on large complex projects in order to complete client projects.
- Be able to develop project scope, budgets, and design approach for smaller less complex projects.
- Assist Project Manager's and Principal's with the development of proposal for smaller less complex projects.
- General understanding of building controls.
- Lead and direct one or more mechanical sub-disciplines.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Candidates working towards licensure or PE.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience, co-op experience applicable.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top