Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer based out of our Mount Laurel, NJ office.
Duties include the following:
- Work independently in the field to determine as-built conditions and design new project work in a power plant retrofit environment
- Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with some complex features for which there may or may not be precedents.
- Collaborates on unusual technical or complex problems and receives supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
- Performs assignments designed to develop project work, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Leads projects independently or with minor assistance and advice from discipline manager.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will posses the following:
- 5-15 years experience in detailed power plant engineering and design
- BSME or BS Power Systems preferred
- Professional Engineer registration preferred, but not required
- Possess a working knowledge of Industry standards and Mechanical Engineering design principles
- Experience with power plant systems including simple cycle, combined cycle, coal and biomass
- Working knowledge of:
- Ability to develop P&ID drawings
- Ability to develop Equipment Specifications
- Ability to provide input and perform, review of general arrangements, isometrics and orthographic drawings
- Ability to prepare and update various mechanical schedules
- Ability to prepare heat and water balances
- Ability to work closely with designers to develop construction documents
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary project team
- Brownfield experience required
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top