The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity Our Houston, Texas office is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for design of HVAC systems involving a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facilities. We are looking for someone with strong technical and engineering design skills in HVAC and energy analysis, to lead mechanical designs on projects of all sizes, as well as work as a team member on larger multidiscipline projects. Must have strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Your Key Responsiblities
- Complete building mechanical system designs including calculations, equipment selection and sizing, control strategies, ductwork and piping system design, etc. of medium size projects of average complexity.
- Development of construction bid documents including drawings and technical specifications
- Participation in the construction administration process including: resolving field problems occurring during construction, site visits, review of shop drawings and final punch lists
- Coordinate with architects and other engineering disciplines
- Work independently to perform field investigations of existing conditions of facilities
- FE (EIT) desirable, PE advantageous
- Energy Modeling and Sustainability experience preferred.
- LEED Project(s) documentation experience advantageous.
- Experience in plumbing engineering and/or fire protection engineering considered advantageous
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, HVAC load calculation software (Trane Trace, HAPS, Elite), Revit, AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of building and energy codes.
- Candidate must have experience maintaining a project budget, scheduling a project and meeting project goals.
- Position requires local travel, occasional domestic travel, and visits to client/construction sites.
5-10 years of professional design experience for building/commercial/industrial HVAC systems.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top