Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to be based out of our Tampa , FL office.
- Performing work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with some complex features for which there are precedents
- Collaborating on unusual technical or complex problems and receiving supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects
- Performing assignments designed to develop project work, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks
- Leading small projects independently or with minor assistance and advice from the discipline manager
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will have:
- 5-10 years experience in detailed process and/or power plant engineering and design
- Professional Registration a plus
- AutoCad experience a plus
- Possess a working knowledge of Industry standards and Mechanical Engineering design principles
- Experience with power plant systems including simple cycle, combined cycle and biomass
- Working knowledge of:
- Ability to develop P&ID drawings
- Ability to develop Equipment Specifications
- Ability to provide input and perform, review of general arrangements, isometrics and orthographic drawings
- Ability to prepare and update various mechanical schedules
- Understands heat balance studies
- Ability to work closely with designers to develop construction documents
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary project team
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top