We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability. Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Our Burlington, MA office is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for design of HVAC systems involving a variety of government, commercial, and industrial facilities. We are looking for someone with strong technical and engineering design skills in HVAC and energy analysis, to lead mechanical designs on projects of all sizes, as well as work as a team member on larger multidiscipline projects. Must have strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills and be a strong team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Complete building mechanical system designs including calculations, equipment selection and sizing, control strategies, ductwork and piping system design, etc.
- Development of construction bid documents including drawings and technical specifications
- Participation in the construction administration process including: resolving field problems occurring during construction, site visits, review of shop drawings and final punch lists
- Coordinate with architects and other engineering disciplines
- Work independently to perform field investigations of existing conditions of facilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5-10 years of professional design experience for building/commercial/industrial HVAC systems.
- FE (EIT) desirable, PE advantageous
- Energy Engineering and Sustainability experience preferred.
- Experience in plumbing engineering and/or fire protection engineering considered advantageous
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, HVAC load calculation software (Trane Trace, HAPS, Elite), AutoCAD
- REVIT experience advantageous
- Working knowledge of building and energy codes.
- Candidate must have experience maintaining a project budget, scheduling a project and meeting project goals.
- Position requires local travel, occasional domestic travel, and visits to client/construction sites.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 5
Discipline Buildings Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top