The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity As a Mechanical Engineer you will work with guidance and direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Performs Revit design for the mechanical discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Prepare engineering system design calculations including HVAC building heating and cooling load calculations and also ductwork and piping system pressure loss calculations.
- Works with architectural, interior, and other engineering disciplines in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/designer.
- Performs field work as directed by a senior engineer/designer.
- Performs basic calculations to analyze and design individual building mechanical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Perform basic engineering analysis and load summaries to facilitate equipment selection with supervision.
- Design portions of the building HVAC systems; ductwork distribution, piping distribution with supervision.
- Model HVAC systems distribution and create sheet files in Revit with established modeling standards with supervision.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from Senior Engineers.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD and HVAC load calculation software; Prefer experience with Newforma, Trane Trace & eQuest
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top