At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare plans, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Produce aspects of mechanical design and drawings using 3D software.
- Develop equipment models and piping models for use in the overall project model.
- Generate isometrics using 3D software.
- Develop general arrangement drawings
- Develop P&ID's using smart P&ID software.
- Follow client specific and company standard production guidelines and project standards for quality control and assurance.
- Spend up to 10% of your time in industrial facilities working in the field.
- Assist in resolution of technical issues on construction sites.
- Support team operations and play an integral part in the promotion of our health and safety culture.
- Coordinates with other professionals on assigned projects.
- Assists in the production of cost estimates including quantity take-offs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of industry accepted CAD Standards.
- Take initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of software programs including AutoCAD Plant 3D, CADWorx, AutoPlant, Revit or similar 3D design software.
- Working knowledge of basic calculations required for drafting.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of common mechanical systems including piping systems, pumps, and equipment general arrangements.
- Able to work under and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Eager to learn with strong listening, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Strong desire to learn and work as a contributing team member within a multi-discipline engineering and design team.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from Senior Engineers / Designers.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003A7
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top