Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties Opportunities exists for highly motivated Mechanical Designers to join our Quincy, MA and Scarborough, ME offices.
The successful candidates will assume the position of Mechanical Designer and be responsible for the design and CAD drafting of projects.
Reporting to the Team Leader the successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Developing plant layouts and generating general arrangement drawings;
- Producing 3D models of various piping systems;
- Producing isometric piping drawings using ISOGEN;
- Undertaking detailed design and creating working drawings of industrial and/or power plant piping systems;
- Organizing and maintaining project design files and CAD files;
- Perform field investigations and support job site construction activities for related projects;
- Facilitating and ensuring the quality of design, drawings, and accuracy; and
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in terms of project work plan schedules and budgets.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The ideal candidates will possess:
- Associates degree from a technical college in an engineering design program;
- 5 to 10 years' experience, or more, in an engineering environment designing industrial/power piping systems;
- Comprehensive knowledge of both 2D and 3D AutoCAD is essential;
- High level of detail and excellent communication skills.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top