Your Opportunity: Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in Geotechnical and Materials Engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform geotechnical and material studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Stantec's Geotechnical and Materials Engineering Team is seeking an experienced Materials Technician to join our team in our Saint John, NB office. Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, you will work closely with an impressive team of engineers and technologists, primarily performing field and laboratory QA/QC monitoring, and testing services. Please note this is a seasonal position with the potential for full time work.
Your Duties: Primary duties may include:
- Construction QA/QC Monitoring and Testing:
- Completion of a full range of standard laboratory tests in soils and concrete laboratories.
- Fill placement and compaction monitoring.
- Asphalt Concrete placement inspection and testing.
- Fresh and hardened concrete monitoring and testing in accordance with the applicable CSA Standards.
- Assisting in resolution of technical issues on construction sites.
- Various other QA/QC field and laboratory testing services
- Reporting: You will be required to regularly complete detailed field and laboratory reports and submit them to the laboratory manager
- Operations: You will be expected to support team operations and play an integral part in the promotion of our health and safety culture, client relations, training and mentoring of more junior staff, equipment and resources maintenance and management, and other related duties will be expected.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in a similar role
- Valid Driver's license is required
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology would be considered an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top