Materials Laboratory Technician/Technologist
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
Your Opportunity Stantec's Geotechnical and Materials Engineering Team is seeking a Materials Laboratory Technician/Technologist to join our team in the Ottawa, ON office. Under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, you will work closely with an experienced team of engineers and technicians to become part of our dynamic team, primarily performing laboratory testing services.
Your Key Responsibilities As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out laboratory tests within our concrete, soils and asphalt laboratory Operating computerized and digital testing equipment
- Ensuring laboratory testing equipment accuracy is maintained in good conditions and meets the calibration requirements in accordance to the manufacturers recommendations
- Interacting with Materials and Geotechnical Engineers routinely
- Input test data into laboratory software programs & review generated reports for accuracy
- Operating computerized and digital testing equipment
- Continuing to improve your technical abilities and certifications within the framework of laboratories areas of practice.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- CCIL/CSA certification for laboratory testing would be considered an asset
- Capable of working independently in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
- Capable of lifting 25kg test samples
- Ability to work overtime in peak periods
Education and Experience Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent is preferred Minimum 1 year experience working in a materials testing laboratory
Conducting a full range of laboratory testing within our concrete, soils and asphalt laboratory
Note: This is a seasonal/contract related role.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top