Materials Laboratory Technician
Your Opportunity: Geotechnical and Materials Engineering: We provide comprehensive geotechnical and material services, ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
We're at the forefront of new commercial and institutional sites, transportation facilities, flood control structures, mining developments, near shore and offshore structures, green energy developments, utility expansions, water supply assessments, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines -you'll find us working everywhere from urban cores to remote northern outposts. By expanding our depth and range of professional services we ensure community improvements are built on solid ground. Our continued growth gives our team opportunity to work with clients across multiple sectors on technically challenging and transformational projects.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
Your Duties: Stantec's Geotechnical and Materials Engineering Team is seeking a Materials Laboratory Technician to join our team in the Dartmouth, NS office. Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, you will work closely with an impressive team of engineers and technicians, primarily performing laboratory testing services. Primary duties may include:
- Laboratory Testing:
- Completion of a full range of standard laboratory tests in soils, concrete and asphalt laboratories.
- Reporting: You will be required to regularly complete detailed laboratory reports and submit them to the laboratory manager.
- Operations: You will be expected to support team operations and play an integral part in the promotion of our health and safety culture, client relations, training and mentoring of more junior staff, equipment and resources maintenance and management, and other related duties will be expected.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Direct experience in a similar role would be considered an asset.
- Valid Driver's license is required and access to their own personal vehicle.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top