- Edmonton, Canada
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently seeking a Materials Coordinator to join our Procurement team. The position will provide support at the client site as well as in the office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate, monitor and expedite bulk material releases.
- Ensure Contractor create and maintain records in a timely manner for materials received and shipped to Site.
- Upon receipt of material, oversee complete final material receipt is performed into Contractor
s system/tool.</li> <li>Collaborate regularly with Home Office Procurement (Purchasing and Expediting)</li> <li>Obtain Contractors materials status/shorts/inventory reports in a timely manner.
- Assist Contractor
s QA/QC to perform Quality Control inspections on incoming materials through adherence to process, namely receiving and inspection.</li> <li>Obtain/review Contractors analysis of material reports and request corrective action ensuring resolution.
- Participate in regular progress review meetings with the Construction/Contractor Team and update the team on status of material issues.
- Monitor and report on Contractor's Warehousing duties including; material movements, data input, tracking, shipping, storage, preservation and distribution of construction equipment and materials.
- Assess Contractor's compliance with Projects preservation and maintenance policies and procedures and report non-compliance to Contractor and the client project team.
- Work with the Contractor to ship surplus material.
- Forward Materials related issues to the Contracts Administrator to support the claims mitigation process.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives, as directed, across all aspects of Materials Management.
- Report/contribute to Lessons Learned and Risk Processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Demonstrates Skills In:
- Contractor relationship management
- Construction (Site), Home Office, Supplier relationship management
- Data Control
- Reverse Logistics
- Transportation & Warehousing Management
- Logistics Management
- Logistics Planning
- Quality Assurance/ Management
- Operating independently with little to no supervision
Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience in a Supply Chain and/or Construction with a minimum of 2 years in Materials Management.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
Based primarily in the field which will include exposure to the elements and inclement weather. Also will be required in the office at times which includes a typical office environment working with computers at a desk, at times for long periods.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Purchasing Generalist
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000000C
Back to top