Logistics and Data Coordinator, Mining
At our core we are a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us in assisting mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
In this position you will have the opportunity to provide support for the successful execution of projects through conformance to Stantec's ISO requirement, corporate policies, solid project management objectives and client requirements and standards. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide logistical and office support to the drilling and hydrogeological pump testing programs
- Responsible for managing all travel and camp booking with the IOR logistics team
- Responsible for managing and booking personnel in required safety training and orientations
- Tracks, manages and reports site safety statistics on a daily/weekly basis, as requested by the Owner. A weekly summary of all safety statistics will be required. Summary includes items such as man hours worked, number of JSAs, JSA attests, LPOs, Hazard IDs, Job Observations, Environmental, etc.
- Assists with preparing and managing required work permits on a weekly basis
- Assists with sample management, creation of a manifest of collected samples for shipping and coordinating sample loading onto trucks at time of shipment
- Responsible for data management of information coming in from the field for both the drilling and hydrogeological programs. i.e. scanning field logs, installation diagrams, hydro pump testing forms and information, electronic filing of data, file organization, downloading and filing photos, maintaining a field tracking sheet summarizing drilling and installations, assisting Field Supervisors with required organization.
- Data entry and QA/QC from field logs.
- Assisting with sample preparation and shipment of water quality samples. Scheduling and meeting with couriers upon arrival at site.
- A ssisting with coordinating and organizing collected soil samples (resource, geotechnical and hydrogeology) in the sample storage sea cans while ensuring chain of custody.
- Responsible for the packaging, preparation and organizing of all samples for shipment. A manifest of collected samples will be generated and turned over to the Owner's Technical Supervisor once samples are ready to ship.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior experience working in mining, engineering or field construction required.
- Prior knowledge of documentation / revision control is required.
- Prior work in documentation control / project assistant role is required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications a must.
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be detail-oriented, and resourceful.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to successfully work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Education and Experience Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Able to fly in and fly out 10 days on and 10 days off at an oilsand mine in northern Alberta. Camp lodging at the oilsand mine.
- Full-time temporary position from November 2018 - March 2019.
Back to top