The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Are you a lighting designer with a passion for design, sustainability and creative problem solving? Are you seeking an exciting job opportunity where you can experience the field of lighting design within a collaborative multidisciplinary environment? Did you know that Denver has 300 days of sunshine annually?
Stantec's Lighting Design group offers talented professionals the opportunity to transform visions into designs that illuminate some of the most impressive buildings in the world. Our Denver office is currently seeking a mid to senior-level lighting designer with 5 - 10 years of experience join our award-winning Lighting Design group. The candidate would be responsible for project management and leading all lighting design aspects of projects. This includes the development of design solutions, coordination with the design team, owner and junior staff, overseeing luminaire selection, lighting controls, energy code compliance, documentation, details, construction administration budgeting and fee management. The preferred candidate will be a motivated self-starter that enjoys working collaboratively alongside other creative minds and problem solvers in a team setting.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lighting design, layouts and creative design vision
- Lighting calculations - daylight and electric light
- Energy code compliance calculations
- Lighting control intent and documentation
- Report writing
- Presentation materials - renderings and graphic packages
- Luminaire schedules and specifications
- Develop project cost opinions and designing to a budget
- Develop and review mock-ups
- Client-facing presentation and communications
- Collaboration with design team
- Management of project, team and design fees
- Oversight and lead the lighting team on projects
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Can-do approach to project work and assignments.
- Competent knowledge of and proficiency in Revit.
- Familiarity with BIM applications such as SketchUp, Enscape, Navisworks, Lumion, Rhino.
- Understanding of applicable building and energy codes and ability to apply them for typical project types.
- Able to apply best practices of appropriate content for lighting drawings (plans, elevations, sections and details) and specifications.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to research and present design options.
- Strong prioritization and time-management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Competent knowledge of and proficiency with AGI32, photometric toolbox and IES files.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five-to-ten years' experience designing lighting systems and performing lighting calculations for commercial projects.
Preferred Auxiliary Qualifications:
- Prior experience in the field of lighting design as a lead designer and project manager
- IALD or IES membership
- LEED or WELL accredited professional
- Certified Lighting Designer (CLD)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Lighting Consultant
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003BB
Back to top