Lighting Design Intern - Summer 2018
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's Lynnwood office is looking for a summer Intern to join their Lighting Design team in 2018. This local individual will currently be working on his/her design related degree from an accredited university. This position is not for someone who is graduating in May/June 2018.
The responsibilities of this position may include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Learns how to set up new CAD drawings and Revit project files and maintains file structure for projects
- Works with project managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation
- Creates sketches and renderings to illustrate design intent
- Creates electronic data files in compliance with Stantec and client requirements
- Converts redlines to document-ready work
- Performs lighting and energy calculations
- Must be in the process of obtaining a related design degree from an accredited university
- Familiarity with lighting design within the built environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and lighting design software preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit are preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms
- The staff member frequently is required to sit, talk and hear
- The staff member is frequently required to visit and navigate existing facilities and construction sites, which often requires the ability to walk and climb
- The staff member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 0
Discipline Buildings Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top