- Walnut Creek, CA
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As a LEAN Manager, you will have a key position within our Program Management Team responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across Northern California. You will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking
- Work with key business stakeholders, and multi-jurisdictional 'LEAN champions', to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change
- Lead and facilitate LEAN/process improvement based workshops to drive ideas and solutions
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
- Assist in the development and implementation of a 'best-in-class' continuous improvement strategy
- Take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- Elicit requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and systems enhancements
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance
- Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times
- Set up a program, deliver coaching and run projects pan jurisdiction
- Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects
- Ability to take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- Thorough knowledge of LEAN principles, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Minimum accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
- 5 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001E4
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top