Lead Water or Wastewater Treatment Engineer
- Chandler, AZ
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
This consulting engineering role will serve as senior technical leadership on projects. It will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects for municipal water systems including process engineering, treatment facilities planning and design, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the water industry and an enthusiasm to help develop the practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Technical Support for Project Execution & Delivery
- The candidate will provide technical support to Regional Delivery Leaders and engage as needed in executing and delivering projects within the region and across North America.
- The scope of this execution work will vary by project, but the focus will be on process engineering, promotion of best practices and standards for process design and major process mechanical systems, and QA/QC for design criteria.
- Mentoring of Professional Staff. The candidate will engage in active mentorship of peers and young professionals who desire guidance on career development objectives.
- This mentoring can take any number of forms, including guidance on preparation and delivery of presentations, papers, workshops, etc., client-facing protocols, and continuing education and training.
- Technical Support for Regional Business Development Activities
- This technical support includes, but may not be limited to: face-to-face client interactions, site visits, technical training for client staff, workshop presentations on treatment technology, planning, regulatory frameworks, etc.
- This role also provides technical support to Client Service Managers within the respective region of coverage for specific Business Development activities associated with proposal development and interview preparation and delivery, with the primary intent of winning specific project work.
- This support can take the form of writing technical approaches for proposals, developing slide decks for the technical aspects of competitive interviews and developing work-breakdown structures for project delivery schemes.
- Corporate Branding - The candidate will engage in active membership in state, regional and national professional associations including AZWater, American Water Works Association, Water Reuse Association, and others as appropriate including local affiliates with the Desert-Mountain region.
- This engagement entails the delivery of papers, presentations, workshops and webinars at conferences and symposia, participation in technical training workshops and seminars, and involvement in committee leadership as appropriate.
- Technical experience to include two or more of the following:
- Technical leadership on water projects - Conventional surface water treatment processes including flocculation and sedimentation, media filtration, and disinfection
- Groundwater treatment processes
- Residuals handling processes
- Advanced water treatment processes including low and high pressure membrane filtration, high rate settling, ballasted flocculation, sorption, taste and odor control, disinfection, and oxidation
- Industrial water treatment
- Water treatment plant and/or water system master planning
- Water chemistry and process modeling for applications such as water stabilization, corrosion control, and disinfection byproducts formation
- Chemical storage and feed and pumping systems
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication including public speaking experience and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 6 years of experience
Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering.
MS in related fields preferred.
Valid Arizona Professional Engineering license, or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Chandler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 19000318
Back to top