Lead Project Engineer, Transmission Line Engineering
Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties: Our Walnut Creek, CA office is seeking a Lead Project Engineer, Transmission Line Engineering to join our team.
- Serve as Project Engineer and/or Manager on transmission projects of varying size and complexity up to 500kV.
- Apply knowledge of utility client standards, current industry codes and standards as well as design best practices in the development of transmission line design construction packages.
- Act as resident expert user of software from Power Line Systems, Ensoft, FAD, and other software packages as required.
- Develop discipline specific engineering and technical standards, practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Supervise the activities of Walnut Creek transmission engineering team to include resource planning and scheduling with other offices and follow up on work results.
- Will be responsible for mentoring, training, and retaining qualified staff and will work with leadership to achieve team growth objectives.
- Work across disciplines to apply knowledge of transmission line routing and siting, structure design and analysis, conductor design/optimization, foundation design and development of construction bid packages.
- Interact and develop working relationships with clients as needed.
- May participate in strategic planning initiatives.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience working in a multi-discipline, consulting engineering environment demonstrating increased levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 years managing engineering staff, projects and clients.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in utility transmission line design.
- Eligibility to obtain or registration as a Professional Engineer is required.
- Expert user of PLS-CADD, PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE, as well as LPile, FAD Tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly, juggle multiple tasks, communicate in a clear and concise manner, and provide effective leadership.
- Must be comfortable making group presentations to various audiences.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top