Lead Project Engineer, Transmission Line Engineering
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Our Walnut Creek, CA office is seeking a Lead Project Engineer, Transmission Line Engineering to join our team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as Project Engineer and/or Manager on transmission projects of varying size and complexity up to 500kV.
- Apply knowledge of utility client standards, current industry codes and standards as well as design best practices in the development of transmission line design construction packages.
- Act as resident expert user of software from Power Line Systems, Ensoft, FAD, and other software packages as required.
- Develop discipline specific engineering and technical standards, practices, procedures, and techniques. Supervise the activities of Walnut Creek transmission engineering team to include resource planning and scheduling with other offices and follow up on work results.
- Will be responsible for mentoring, training, and retaining qualified staff and will work with leadership to achieve team growth objectives.
- Work across disciplines to apply knowledge of transmission line routing and siting, structure design and analysis, conductor design/optimization, foundation design and development of construction bid packages.
- Interact and develop working relationships with clients as needed.
- May participate in strategic planning initiatives.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in utility transmission line design. - Eligibility to obtain or registration as a Professional Engineer is required. - Expert user of PLS-CADD, PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE, as well as LPile, FAD Tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly, juggle multiple tasks communicate in a clear and concise manner, and provide effective leadership.
- Must be comfortable making group presentations to various audiences.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- A Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience working in a multi-discipline, consulting engineering environment demonstrating increased levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of 2 years managing engineering staff, projects and clients.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top