Lead Project Engineer - Substation
Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a utility substation. Our goal is to improve our communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits into the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties: Stantec is looking for a Lead Substation Project Engineer to work closely with Utility clients to plan, schedule and execute substation projects from our Walnut Creek, CA office. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated to achieve and wants to grow a team. As the Lead you will execute, oversee & support Indoor/Outdoor Substation engineering projects & you will lead & coach staff while developing efficient reliable substation designs between 50 kV and 500 kV.
- Develop a team of substation electrical engineers and designers to deliver high quality engineering products to our utility clients.
- Responsible for High Voltage and Extra High Voltage Substation projects between 50kV up to 500 kV, including both Air and Gas Insulated station design, indoor and outdoor O&M Replacements, Equipment Specifications and Construction Requirements.
- Establish a good working relationship with the Client Engineers to ensure collaborative working and successful outcome from work packages.
- Works with T&D Engineering Manager to establish resource requirements to support internal and client work load.
- Knowledge of electrical utility systems, utility client policies and procedures, IEEE, ANSI, and NEC codes.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple task, maintain budget and time constraints.
- Strong understanding and experience in planning, scheduling, EV methods, and cost & risk management programs.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, maintain budgets and schedules throughout the life of the project and to ensure both Stantec and client requirements are met.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 4 year degree from ABET accredited college or university Electrical Engineering coupled with a minimun of 8 years experience, 2 years as a Project Engineer / Project Manager in indoor and outdoor substation design.
- Registered Professional Civil or Electrical Engineer in the state of California or ability to obtain CA Licensure within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge & experience using applicable codes and standards including NESC, GO-95, IEEE, ASCE and others.
- Experience with PG&E Substation Design Standards and Procedures strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment.
- Must have a valid US driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top