Lead Engineer - Diver
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Lexington, KY office is seeking a talented and motivated Lead Engineer-Diver to continue to expand our diving services throughout the United States.
Our teams inspect a wide variety of marine structures in the US and around the world with a focus on those structures that are transportation related. Structures inspected include bridges, piers, seawalls, dams, intake and outfall structures, etc. We adhere to the strictest standards when it comes to dive safety, following all ADCI and OSHA guidelines and requirements. We provide all diving gear, including dive helmets, to our staff of Divers. This dive gear is maintained both in-house and by third party certified professionals.
Under the guidance of senior professional engineers, the incumbent will be assisting a highly professional engineering dive team that provides consulting services to clients around the world. The principal function of this position is to be part of a team that evaluates structures through above and underwater engineering inspections. The Lead Engineer-Diver will lead dive teams consisting of other engineers and commercial divers and will be responsible for the planning, execution, and deliverable phases of a project, as required.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Conducts site investigations as part of an inspection team
- Works collaboratively with all members of the engineering dive group
- Analyzes deteriorated components, assess remaining capacities
- Helps solve engineering problems and challenges
- Partners with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Helps prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers
- Helps prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications
- Helps prepare engineering reports and other technical documents
- Helps prepare proposals, respond to RFP(s) and assist all marketing and business development
- Assists Project Managers to ensure that the scope of work is fulfilled, and that the contracted deliverables go out on schedule and as budgeted
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills Required
- BS degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Structural degree preferred
- PE registration
- NHI Courses 130055 and 130091
- ADCI or equivalent Dive Certification, Supervisor certification preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Experience as a commercial diver, including underwater inspections of bridges, piers, piles, wharves, docks, and bulkheads
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, up to 50%.
- 4-6 years previous related experience; and
- Familiarity with sound engineering and safe diving principles
- Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC) certification
- Experience as a design structural engineer working with concrete, steel, masonry and timber with an understanding of the corresponding design Codes and Specifications
- Direct experience working as a client liaison for multiple projects
- US Citizenship with valid passport preferred due to travelling demands of this position
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 4
Discipline Geotechnical Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top