Lead Diver - Engineering Projects
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Lexington, KY office is seeking a talented and motivated Lead Engineer-Diver to continue to expand our diving services throughout the United States. Our teams inspect a wide variety of marine structures in the US and around the world with a focus on those structures that are transportation related. Structures inspected include bridges, piers, seawalls, dams, intake and outfall structures, etc. We adhere to the strictest standards when it comes to dive safety, following all ADCI and OSHA guidelines and requirements. We provide all diving gear, including dive helmets, to our staff of Divers. This dive gear is maintained both in-house and by third party certified professionals.
Under the guidance of senior professional engineers, the incumbent will be assisting a highly professional engineering dive team that provides consulting services to clients around the world. The principal function of this position is to be part of a team that evaluates structures through above and underwater engineering inspections. The Lead Engineer-Diver will lead dive teams consisting of other engineers and commercial divers and will be responsible for the planning, execution, and deliverable phases of a project, as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts site investigations as part of an inspection team
- Works collaboratively with all members of the engineering dive group
- Analyzes deteriorated components, assess remaining capacities
- Helps solve engineering problems and challenges
- Partners with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Helps prepare plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers
- Helps prepare standard documents, such as technical specifications
- Helps prepare engineering reports and other technical documents
- Helps prepare proposals, respond to RFP(s) and assist all marketing and business development
- Assists Project Managers to ensure that the scope of work is fulfilled, and that the contracted deliverables go out on schedule and as budgeted
- Performs other duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as required, up to 50%.
Education and Experience
- 4-6 years experience as a commercial diver, including underwater inspections of bridges, piers, piles, wharves, docks, and bulkheads
- Familiarity with sound engineering and safe diving principles
- Bachelors degree in Civil, or Structural Engineering
- PE registration
- NHI Courses 130055 and 130091
- ADCI or equivalent Dive Certification, Supervisor certification preferred
- Experience as a Design/Structural Engineer working with concrete, steel, masonry and timber
- Understanding of design Codes and specifications
- Direct experience working as a client liaison or PM on multiple projects
- Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC) certification preferred
- Valid driver's license and passport due to travelling demands
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000VP
Back to top