Lead Civil Engineer
MWH, now part of Stantec, is actively seeking qualified candidates for a Water/Wastewater Civil Engineer position to join our growing wet infrastructure practice in San Antonio, Texas.
This consulting engineering role will require application of technical skills, project management disciplines, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, distribution and collection system modeling, planning and conceptual design for municipal water and wastewater systems including treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and related infrastructure. The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of leading and supervising complex teams, eager to mentor staff, have the ability to develop client relationships, and have the enthusiasm to help develop a practice both locally and nationally.
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Manage all sizes of wet infrastructure projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design, and construction for municipal water and wastewater clients.
• Provide technical leadership on small to large sized projects
• Support local efforts and teams identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients and developing opportunities with new clients.
• Interact with clients, local and remote MWH staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
• Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred
• Bachelor's degree, civil or environmental engineering
• Valid Texas PE license required
• 4+ years of experience in water and wastewater infrastructure related engineering projects
• Past success working as part of a team
• Desire to contribute quickly to the development of new business and the delivery of high quality work products
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience.
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders
• Advanced proficiency with Office software including Word, Excel, and Access. Working knowledge of software used for modeling analysis of distribution and collection systems.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top