Landscape Designer - Entry-level
Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
In this entry level position you will develop technical skills and assist the project team with drawings and drafting in the creative design process. Being creative and detail oriented, you will create design documents, together with conceptual and final landscape designs, renderings, cost estimates, scope of work, specifications, and other construction documents, including local requirements.
You will work with senior landscape architects as part of a multi-disciplinary design team including planners and civil engineers on a wide variety of projects. You will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Landscape Architect /Designer.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist the project team in site analysis, site planning, conceptual design, design and preparation of construction plans and specifications for landscape architecture projects, as well as participate in creation of 3D marketing graphics and technical documents.
- Use knowledge of the general concepts of landscape design including site analysis, project theming, schematic design and design development.
- Assist the project team with the preparation of project documentation during all phases of design, such as project graphics and exhibits, site grading, paving designs, walls, structures, site lighting, planting and irrigation design, as well as layout of land uses for buildings and other facilities.
- Develop technical skills and assists the project team with drawings and drafting in the creative design process.
- Prepare and coordinate technical activities on assigned projects.
- Assist with the preparation of required documents and plans.
- Assist the project team with planting design including developing planting concepts or plans.
- Support construction administration on projects by attending site visits and/or construction meetings and assisting in preparing sketches or drawing revisions.
- Assist in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Perform due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start new projects.
- Develop software skills utilizing relevant programs to assist with preparation of simple exhibits to complex working drawings.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent design, graphic, computer, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of Texas plant materials and construction methods.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Land-FX, SketchUp, Lumion, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of construction document preparation, and familiarity with plant materials suited to Texas.
- Proficient hand drafting and sketching abilities resulting in strong conceptual designs.
- Highly motivated and passionate about design, possesses strong time management, critical thinking, organizational skills, and has the ability to multitask.
- Comfortable working within a team environment, as well as being productive independently with limited supervision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Landscape Architecture or related field.
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Landscape Designer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003L6
Back to top