Landscape Architecture Intern
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity Stantec Planning and Landscape Architecture Inc., one of Connecticut's leading Landscape Architecture, Engineering and Environmental consulting firms, is seeking a summer landscape architecture intern for our downtown New Haven, CT studio in the historic Ninth Square District, just a short walk from Union Station and the New Haven Green.
We design urban parks, transportation corridors, campus settings, waterfronts and mixed-use centers that enhance our communities. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers happen in a highly collaborative atmosphere. Our experienced inter-disciplinary team specializes in urban public space planning and design; park design; bicycle, pedestrian, and multiuse trails; outdoor sports and athletic facilities; transit oriented development; and landscape assessment and rehabilitation. We connect the people, places, and resources that take a project from concept to reality. Our friendly fast-paced studio environment is business casual and client-centered.
Your Key Responsibilities Interns will be encouraged to develop their design skills while supporting our team with existing conditions analysis, concept design, design charrettes, construction documentation, project presentation graphics, and construction administration assistance.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent design, graphic, computer, writing, and technical skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about design.
- Strong time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills.
- The ability to work with others, as well as independently.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Rhino or Sketch-up, and Adobe programs is essential.
Education and Experience Applicants should be a current student or recent graduate of an accredited Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Landscape Architecture program.
Please include the following additional required application materials:
- A cover letter in PDF format indicating your background, interests, and goals in the field of landscape architecture, and any other relevant information you believe will help us make an informed decision regarding your selection to the internship program
- Two letters of recommendation in PDF format from individuals related to the field of landscape architecture and design
- Design Portfolio in PDF format
- Application packages will be reviewed based upon creativity, critical thinking, and design communication skills.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top