Landscape Architecture Intern
Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
Stantec Consulting Services, a global and leading Landscape Architecture, Engineering, and Planning firm, is seeking a summer Landscape Architecture Intern.
Our studio is a fast-paced, client-centered, multi-disciplinary environment combining in-house planners, engineers, environmental scientists, and landscape architects. Stantec is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers happen. Our highly-experienced team specializes in the planning and design of parks and recreation facilities; bicycle, pedestrian, and multiuse trails; sports and athletic facilities; healthcare, corporate, and educational campuses; as well as master planned communities including mixed-use and transit-oriented developments.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
· Excellent design, graphic, computer, writing, and technical skills
· Self-motivated and passionate about design
· Strong time management, critical thinking, and organizational skills
· The ability to work with others, as well as independently
· Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Rhino or Sketch-up, and Adobe programs is essential
· Education and Experience
· Applicants should be a current student or recent graduate of an accredited Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Landscape Architecture program
Please include the following additional required application materials:
· A cover letter in PDF format indicating your background, interests, and goals in the field of landscape architecture, and any other relevant information you believe will help us make an informed decision regarding your selection to the internship program
· Two letters of recommendation in PDF format from individuals related to the field of landscape architecture and design
· Design Portfolio in PDF format
Application packages will be reviewed based upon creativity, critical thinking, and design communication skills.
All required application materials must be submitted by the end of March 1, 2019.
Typical office environment involves working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements, including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top