Landscape Architectural Designer
Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
Stantec Landscape Architecture is an award-winning practice with over 225 professional staff practicing in over 40 offices firm-wide. Our landscape architecture practice leads rewarding and transformational assignments and is a key component of Stantec, a 22,000 employee multi-disciplinary practice that is consistently ranked as a top A/E/LA design firm. We offer a collaborative work environment and encourage research and development, creativity and innovation. Our work entails waterfronts, streetscapes, parks and plazas, campus planning and design, naturalized habitats, greenways, cultural facilities, sports venues and transportation enhancements performed in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment. Stantec Landscape Architecture continues to evolve and is firmly committed to design excellence.
Your Opportunity Stantec's New York City Landscape Architecture Studio is seeking a junior level landscape architectural designer to join our team. The successful candidate will support the design team in developing a creative design excellence practice with a focus on the urban landscape, and will work with other diverse professionals such as planners, engineers, and architects in development of projects in the public realm and private sectors.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Site analysis and design concept development for projects and master plans, including digital and hand-drawn plans, sections, elevations and perspectives
- Design development and preparation of contract documents using CAD
- Production of project renderings and report graphics
- Participate in on going skill development activities
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Passionate about landscape architectural design and urban development
- Excellent creative thinking and design ability
- Ability to integrate sustainable thinking into high level design in urban areas as well as green space
- Familiarity with contemporary landscape architectural projects globally
- Knowledge of latest philosophical thinking and research in the field
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe CC, and Rhino. Familiarity with basic GIS.
- Superior research, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and graphic communication skills
3 to 5 years' experience in the field
Please send your resume and portfolio (in PDF format) to email@example.com
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top