Do you have a passion for design? Do you enjoy working closely with credentialed architects, engineers, landscape architects, planners, environmental scientists, and other specialties? Would you love to work on projects locally, regionally and across North America? If you answered yes, then you might be the perfect person to join the Landscape Architecture team in our Mequon, WI office. Stantec is a global consulting firm, offering opportunities to be involved in a variety of planning, urban design, and landscape architecture projects and collaborate with Stantec's leading experts in a variety of fields.
Through design, we empower communities and help realize their potential. Our landscape architects create inspired spaces that reflect context and user needs along with our commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative approach to design and believe that the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
Stantec's landscape architecture and urban design practice continues to grow in Mequon, WI. We are currently looking for a highly-motivated professional who is passionate about urban design, master planning, and landscape architecture. Top candidates will have excellent graphic communications skills, be highly organized, and be able to work collaboratively on teams and also work independently on projects through all phases of a project lifecycle.
You will have the opportunity to plan and design public and private projects across a range of scales and uses, including civic spaces, streetscapes, parks, residential, commercial, and institutional developments, and more. You will build new relationships with some of our more than 250 landscape architects firm wide, being mentored and in turn mentoring new staff as we continue to grow.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Increase the visibility of landscape architecture and urban design within Milwaukee, the Midwest, and U.S. markets and beyond by collaborating with Stantec's Community Development, Urban Places, and Sports Group teams.
- Collaborate with planners, architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients to enhance our group's production on all things related to landscape architecture, and implement effective communication and coordination on projects among other project participants.
- Collaborate with other team members while working on projects and managing specific project tasks as appropriate.
- May assist Project Managers with invoicing, managing, and monitoring financial performance of projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
We are seeking candidates with at least 3 years of prior landscape architecture experience (including internship experience) working within a professional design firm. The successful candidate will have one or both of the following complementary skill sets.
- Skill Set 1: Exceptional conceptual design and graphic skills using hand and computer drawing and rendering techniques. Demonstrated skill in urban design, site amenity design, or master planning is required with this skill set. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), and SketchUp are required. Experience with Lumion, Rhino, or other 3-D visualization programs preferred.
- Skill Set 2: Exceptional technical design skills in site and corridor-based projects across a range of project scales from less than one acre to hundreds of acres in size. Skills required include technical design layout, grading, and detailing of design projects of all sizes. Successful candidate must have, or be able to achieve, proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D (including alignments and grading surfaces), AutoTURN, LandFX, and other construction document production-oriented software programs. Strong quantitative aptitude and attention to technical detail are required. Prior experience in site construction, either observation or hands-on, is beneficial.
Education and Experience
- Successful candidates must have an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited landscape architecture program.
- Dual degree candidates (Planning and Landscape Architecture) are also encouraged to apply. Current licensure as a Landscape Architect is preferred, but not required for candidates. Licensure will be required for continued advancement within the team.
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal
- Good multi-discipline team member (planning, urban design, landscape architecture, engineering, and architecture)
You will work in a typical office setting, much of the time with computers and/or drawing by hand. Some local travel will be required for such tasks as delivering and presenting plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients; attending client or public meetings; attending conferences to make presentations or participate in forums; and participating in internal meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites, and/or outside elements. May also travel outside of the local office area as proposal pursuits and project efforts require.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job; other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on the talents of each other, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Landscape Architect
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Mequon
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000T5
Back to top