- Williamsburg, VA
As 3,000 Environmental Services staff covering 20 technical specialties, we know what to look for and we know how to get the job done-the right way. A national team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions to often complex environmental issues. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a Landscape Architect to provide technical and design support to our growing Ecosystem Restoration Team. This position will be to support the development and implementation of stream and wetland restoration projects both in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and when necessary, across the Country. Our staff members have established an excellent reputation for carrying out all facets of ecosystem restoration projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plan and specification development for ecosystem restoration projects in both design software (CAD, Civil 3D) and Microsoft Office package.
- Site grading on complex wetland and stream projects, earthwork balancing.
- Plant palette development and oversight of field operations during revegetation efforts.
- Project renderings for community engagement using Photoshop software, or drawn by hand when needed.
- Complete field data collection for stream and wetland work (stream assessments, basic surveying etc...)
- Prepare technical reports and provide assistance with client and regulatory agency deliverables.
- Maintain QA/QC processes and requirements.
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications, tabulation of quantities.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Participate in team and independent based work.
- Preparation and assistance (when needed) with other environmental improvement projects such as: BMP's and stormwater/water quality improvement projects, planting plans, trail design, plats, environmental inventory maps, permit support graphics, and report graphics.
- Interaction with clients to secure and transmit digital information.
- Ensure drawings are in accordance with project scope, client specifications and standards.
- Participate in restoration monitoring and maintenance activities, including field data collection and invasive species control.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ideal candidate has the ability to work with initiative, professionalism and confidentiality, and is able to work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, graphic, rendering, and oral communication skills will be needed by chosen applicant.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical skills, and strong design skills.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Knowledge of regional and local plants, with emphasis on native species.
- Skill in basic office and document production software.
- Skill in basic design and construction plan preparation.
- Profiles, Cross-Sections, Corridors, and Grading)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop. Other 3-D visualization software a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work in rugged outdoor environments in varied weather conditions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture, with licensure track.
1-3 years of drafting/design/CAD experience with Civil 3D preferred (Surfaces, Alignments,
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Landscape Architect
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Williamsburg
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000BX
Back to top